New Delhi (ABC Live):India Solar Energy Policy : As per India Solar Energy on 31.07.2017, the cumulative Solar Energy capacity installed, as on 31.07.2017, is 13652 MW while the same at the end of 2014-15 was 3743.97 MW. This was stated by Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal & New and Renewable Energy and Mines in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
The States of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana have crossed the solar installed capacity of 1 GW, as on 31.07.2017. State-wise details are as follows:-
|Sr. No.||State/UT||Total cumulative capacity till 31-07-17 (MW)|
The Minister further stated that the Government of India has revised the India Solar Energy Policy target of Grid Connected Solar Power projects from 20,000 MW by 2022 to 100,000 MW by 2022. The same is sought to be achieved through rooftop solar projects (40,000 MW) and ground mounted solar projects (60,000 MW), the Minister added.
In a written reply to another question, the Minister said that No specific ‘Solar Energy Policy’ has been formulated. However, the Government has launched following schemes to promote solar energy,:
- Solar Park Scheme for setting up of over 50 Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects targeting over 40,000 MW of solar power projects.
- Scheme for setting up 1000 MW of Grid-Connected Solar PV Power Projects by Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs) and Government of India organisations with Viability Gap Funding (VGF).
- Scheme for setting up 300 MW of Grid-Connected Solar PV Power Projects by Defence Establishments and Para Military Forces with VGF.
- Pilot-cum-demonstration projects for development of grid connected solar PV power plants on canal banks and canal tops.
- Bundling Scheme – 15000 MW grid-connected solar PV power plants through NTPC Ltd./ NVVN.
- VGF Scheme for setting up of 2000 MW of Grid Connected Solar PV Power Projects through SECI.
- VGF Scheme for setting up of 5000 MW of Grid Connected Solar PV Power Projects through SECI.
- Installation of Grid Connected Solar Rooftop Power Plants.